The photographs at the heart of this site were bought at auction in February 2009. Nothing is known about where they came from and how they ended up on sale in London some 100 years after they were taken.
What is known is that they are stunning, unique, and historically fascinating, and that the photographer was clearly very skilled and talented.
Explore the images
- View and comment on the images on Flickr
- See a slideshow of all images
- Find out more about the photographs
- Buy prints and gifts on-line at Photobox
- Find out how you can use the images
A few of my favourites…
Latest Challenges, and Discoveries
- J.Harteveld on Location identified – picture of ship moored at Custom House, near Billingsgate, London
- Carmelo Scullark on Update – two weeks on
- John Morgan on Mystery #4 – Can we name any of the crew of the SS New Zealand?